What Are Dental Implants?
There are several reasons why someone would need dental implants. Dental implant surgery is a procedure that replaces teeth with artificial ones that look and function much like real teeth. Dental implant surgery is a popular alternative to dentures or dental bridges. Read on to learn 5 reasons you should gift yourself dental implants during the holiday season:
- Dental Implants Have Aesthetic Benefits
People often feel self-conscious about missing teeth. People may not want to attend social events or take pictures because they feel embarrassed and worry that someone will take notice. Receiving dental implant surgery will help boost your self-esteem by returning your beautiful smile and making you look more youthful. There will be no risk of slipping teeth like with dentures because dental implants are attached to your jaw.
- Dental Implants Have Functional Benefits
When you have a tooth that is extremely decayed or you have missing teeth, your chewing ability decreases. You may have to accommodate your condition by eating softer foods and drinking more fluids instead of being free to eat hard or chewy foods as well. Your chewing ability returns to normal with dental implants. This means you can now eat nutritious foods like apples and nuts. Similarly, if your speech was impaired because of missing teeth, then dental implants will restore your speech capacity. You will also be able to brush your teeth and floss regularly without complications.
- Dental Implants Improve Your Oral Health
A worn-out tooth or a missing tooth can lead to serious consequences for your mouth. They can lead to infections, severe pain, or gum disease. This happens because bacteria and food can get stuck in the open space. Severe gum disease is already a serious condition, but it can also lead to tooth loss. Missing teeth can also affect your jawbone structure and make your teeth crooked. Replacing missing or decayed teeth is crucial to maintaining the rest of your facial structure.
- Dental Implants Are Durable
Dental implants last decades. With resistant materials and new procedures, implants last longer than before. Nowadays, some implants may last up to 20 years. This fact makes dental implants a cost-efficient procedure. Dental implants are mistakenly perceived to be expensive in comparison to bridgework and dentures. Although this may be true at first, in the long run, dental implants may have a lower cost because they have a longer lifespan. Bridgework and dentures commonly have to be replaced more frequently.
- New Procedures Make The Process Shorter
Dental implants can be a long procedure. Traditional dental implant surgery may require bone grafts and sinus lifts. These additional procedures can make getting dental implants a longer process. At Chicago Dental Implants in Chicago, IL, our team specializes in two modern techniques that shorten the dental implant process:
- Zygomatic Implants: This Swedish technique uses longer dental implants that are placed in both the jaw and cheekbones. This procedure also does not require bone grafts. This technique is right for patients with bone loss due to missing teeth or gum disease.
- The All-On-4 Implants Technique: This procedure replaces all your missing teeth on the upper or lower jaw using only four implants. The All-on-4 implant procedure also requires no bone grafting for most patients, so the process is very efficient. In comparison, traditional implants require five to eight implants for one arch of teeth while the All-On-4 procedure only uses four implants for your upper or lower arch of teeth.
If you are interested in dental implants or a replacement tooth, the team at Chicago Dental Implants boasts 20 years of experience treating dental reconstructive cases and can guide you when it comes to the best treatment options. New and returning patients in the Chicago, IL area are welcome to call 312-951-8338 for a consultation or appointment.